Dare to eneter the lare of the vampirec critic?

Hello and welcome to the Critics of the Night blog! A blog specially detached to giving you reviews on vampire books and movies!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

In the Forests of the Night and it's sequels and most defiantly some of my new favorite books!
One thing I always look at in a book is the villein and I especially liked this one. Mostly because though he was clearly at least mostly evil and you as a reader seriously wanted something really bad to happen to him you at no point ever really wanted him to die. And considering that is--at least for me--what I normally feel toward a lot of villeins it was very nice change of pace to have a lot of hatred for a character but not want them dead.
Any way as for the rest of the story I really loved how the relationship was with Risika(the mane character) and her tiger. I also loved how about half of the story was told in the present time and half was flash-backs. But they both balanced each-other out perfectly. How Risika's past and present just sort of mingled together.
I can't really think of much bad to say about this other then it ended!

Well as I say: "Good night, and say 'hi' to the vamps for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment